EDI Poster Competition
As part of Godalming College’s commitment to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI), we would like to create EDI posters throughout the college to put up in each classroom and public space. We thought it would be a good idea to allow you, as students, to take ownership of how you perceive EDI at Godalming. The information required for the poster has been given to you but apart from this, you have complete free rein to create an A4 colour poster. A suggestion could be making the letters ‘EDI’ stand out for the poster; this could be a core structural element. Due to the fact that the Students’ Union’s Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Officer changes each year, we would like enough space so that we could place a printed sticky label of the new student’s name and photograph for each new year.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Adding VALUE to LEARNING
What is VALUE?
We believe that VALUE is:
- Value each individual person based on their contributions to the college.
- Appreciation – appreciate the diversity of different student populations at the college learning from others’ cultural traditions and consider why different groups of people have different wants and needs.
- Liberation – ultimately, everybody should have the freedom to be who they are.
- Understanding – through educating yourself about how different groups of people have been treated and the plight that many still have to face on a daily basis.
- Esteem – respect others having learnt about their experiences; respect promotes positive mental health gained from a sense of self-worth.
Adam Duce – Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Adam’s role is to oversee and manage equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) at the college. He is responsible for providing strategic aims and objectives which are reviewed each year. He also holds meetings with students and staff across the year to hear their feedback on policies and procedures at the college and how we can promote EDI at Godalming.
Sadie Nicoll – Students’ Union Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Officer
The Students’ Union’s Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Officer acts as a voice for all students at Godalming and provides insight as a student who experiences the culture of the college. They act as a direct link between you and the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Officer and represent students at the Students’ Union Parliament.
Carol Horlock – Assistant Principal, Student & Staff Development
Carol’s role is to ensure that all staff are suitably trained in equality, diversity and inclusion within their teaching, tutoring and service provision roles. She ensures that EDI is part of the senior leadership team’s focus and oversees how the college is meeting its strategic aims and objectives.
If you have any queries, concerns or suggestions for equality, diversity and inclusion at Godalming, please email Adam Duce in the first instance at: email@example.com.